I can't even begin to tell you how diverse the electronic cigarette market has become. You only need to look at the big brands like Halo, Juul, and others to see the wide range of design diversity out there. In fact, there are so many different design variations that you can quickly be forgiven for thinking that the electronic cigarette industry has achieved a high state of customization.
This is a stage in any kind of manufacturing industry where recognized brands directly cater to the specific requirements of their users. Think of this as custom cars or custom cameras. It would be great for the industry to reach that level. But appearances aside, it really hasn't.
This is kind of let down for many e-cig fans because the Internet has made customization so affordable and so convenient for so many other products and industries. Sadly, this stage of manufacturing evolution hasn’t reached electronic cigarettes yet.
The reason why some people have this impression is because there's just a wide range of ecig device variations out there. In fact, if you're not paying close attention, you might even walk away with the false impression that manufacturers are basically just asking for custom specifications from their buyers and manufacturing truly personalized device.
Sadly, we are still probably several years away from that market reality. Would that be awesome? Absolutely! Would it be practical in the here and now? Unfortunately, the answer is no. There's really no economy of scale. Also, given the decreasing profit margins in electronic cigarette manufacturing, the profit incentives might not actually exist.
Don't think that just because there's a tremendous amount of customization, variation and personalization options currently on the market that we have reached a stage of full personalization and customization. One could only hope.
Still, there is a lot of space for you to move when it comes to the accessories that you buy with your electronic cigarette. You have to remember that a nicotine ingestion device is not a self-enclosed unit. It's not like the bad old days where you pick a brand and you are left with a self-enclosed device.
Everything comes from a specific manufacturer. All the different components of the device have to be bought from the same place. All must carry the same brand. So on and so forth. Thankfully, we no longer have to deal with that situation.
Whether you bought electronic cigarettes from a few years back and had to deal with that hassle or you're curious as to why that's a bad idea, let me tell you the limitations of self-enclosed units. First of all, when you buy an electronic cigarette, you're looking for an experience.
You're not really looking for a brand or a specific device. You're just looking for an experience. It doesn't really matter what kind of biochemical compound you use that device for. You want to have a good time.
The problem is you can only buy a certain e-liquid because of the brand of ecig you use, it's as if you're putting on handcuffs. You are limiting your options unnecessarily. You have to understand that the heart and soul of this type of nicotine ingestion device is the liquid.
Forget about what you've heard in the past. A lot of promoters might have told you that it's the type, battery or any other hardware component. Well, I beg to disagree. If you think about it, the way you ingest this material really turns on the quality of the liquid.
I hate to be the one to report this to you. But in many cases, if you use one ecigarette and you compare the experience to a dozen other units, if you're using the same e-liquid, the variations are actually negligible.
In fact, you really have to be paying attention to notice anything at all. What if we flip that and change the liquid that you're putting in your device? When that happens, all bets are off. Believe me, there's a big difference between ingesting an e-liquid going by the name of opium or kush and an e-liquid with the flavor description of bubblegum.
I'm not just talking about the flavor here. I'm not just talking about the rush that you feel and the sensation that fills your mouth and the surface of your tongue. There's a lot to write about when it comes to those two, but there's something else that's going on here.
The whole environment and experience that you get when you jump from one e-liquid to another and from one brand to another is like day and night. You see, e-liquid is not just raw, unfiltered liquid nicotine. If that was the case, then all ecig experiences will be the same.
It's like smoking Marlboro lights all day, every day. The main reason why people smoke branded cigarettes in the first place is that of the consistency of the experience.
If you're big on Camel cigarettes, you will get the same experience smoking Camels in San Francisco as you would smoking Camel cigarettes in Mexico, Morocco or Mongolia. Name another country that starts with an M. It all goes back to the same place because you're using a standard uniform product.
Now if you were to switch from cigarette brand to cigarette brand, then all bets are off. It's as if you are rolling the dice, shaking your hand and hoping that you role the right combination. It's anybody's guess. It's too random. It's too unstable.
You're probably not going to have a good time. What's the point of enjoying a piece of heaven coursing through your bloodstream and giving you a nice little rush and then all of a sudden, after a few days, you try to get the same experience and you end up with a whole lot of nothing.
This is why it's really important to select the right e-juice. If you think about it, this is the most important component of your electronic cigarette experience. It's not even the electronic cigarette device itself. If you think about it hard enough, there are all sort of devices that you could use to heat up the liquid.
What's important is that you are heating up the right substance and you're getting the experience that you're looking for. This is what you bargained for. This is what you're into. This is the core of the experience.
This is why it's really a good idea to pay attention to the following considerations:
- First of all, your choice of e-liquid must fit your personality.
- Are you a bubbly person?
- Are you a creative person?
- Do you tend to look at the world with a fresh set of eyes?
- Do you consider yourself unusual?
- You need to look for a liquid that works well enough with your device.
- If you have to unpack stuff, put stuff in cartridges or otherwise roll up your sleeves and perform some hard manual work just to get your ecig to do its job, you're probably using the wrong e-liquid or wrong device altogether.
- You have to look at whether the liquid that you're going to be ingesting will get boring. Believe me. Even the very best of us suffer from this. Even the very best of us get blindsided by this. It's very easy to see why.
- The first time you try bubblegum or orange flavored e-liquid, you might be thinking that this is the best stuff to happen to you since sliced bread.
- That may well be the case, but using the same liquid all day, every day, week after week, month after month, year after year, gets boring quickly. This is why you know you are dealing with the right e-liquid brand when it's almost impossible for you to get tired of using your electronic cigarette.
- Each and every experience is different. What went on before is different from today and you can rest assured that your future electronic cigarette usage is going to be different from today. All of this is only possible because you picked out the right e-liquid.
- Also, pay close attention to how much nicotine the liquid has.
- Some e-liquid manufacturers enable you to set custom nicotine levels. During the checkout process, you can actually select nicotine levels. Unfortunately, most manufacturers don't give you that much of a choice. Those are only custom manufacturers and custom formulations.
- By enlarge, you are stuck with the nicotine level of a particular brand. So pay close attention to this. If you like a nice hit of nicotine, it's as if like a donkey kicked you in the chest, then insist on high nicotine liquid.
- If you're looking for a very light, casual, almost nicotine free experience, then insist on e-liquid that is light on nicotine. A little bit of customization can definitely go a long way.
- It really helps if you spend enough time put enough attention to detail to the extent that you treat your e-liquid as some sort of electronic cigarette accessory.
- If this is your mindset and you end up picking out e-liquids the same way you would pick out a nicotine ingestion device, chances are quite high that you will end up with the right e-liquid.
- With that level of attention to detail, in light of the many different components that you're going to be using this liquid with, the chances of you making the wrong call are actually quite minimal. You know yourself better than anybody else.
- By paying close attention to your personal needs and particular usage circumstances, chances are quite good that you will get the right product that produces the right results at the right time at the right place. Things simply fall into place because you are paying close attention.
- Finally, your choice of e-liquid must fit your lifestyle. It must be easy to mix, store and use.
So pay close attention to these considerations because, after all, there really is no one size fits all solution. You are on your own. But if you know the proper circumstances of your use of electronic cigarettes and e-liquids in particular, the chances of you making the right call are higher than otherwise.