We all know how important a lighter is, but if you frequently use a lighter to light your cigarette or cigar, you may not be able to see what you're doing, which can cause problems and difficulties in the long run. A torch lighter emits an intense and focused beam of light that will instantly heat up any fuel in its path.
Torch lighters are light fixtures that work more like a laser than an incandescent light bulb. They also allow users to easily control the intensity of their beams depending on the task at hand.
In order to identify a torch lighter, one should look at the bulb. The lighter is usually made up of a metal sphere on the top of the bulb and has a power switch just like an ordinary light switch. It is always important to note that only those lighters which are manufactured by one prominent manufacturer are considered torch lighters.
If you need help identifying what torch lighter will work best for you, below are some essential things that you must consider when looking for a torch lighter.
Types of Torch Lighters
There are two primary types of torch lighters, namely:
- single beam,
- and double beam styles.
Single beam lighters will emit a single intense light while double beam lighters provide two separate beams that can be interlocked to form a single intense light.
The intensity of the light emitted from a torch lighter may vary depending on the needs of the user. The intensity may range from low beams to high beams, but even if you choose a high beam, it is best to operate your lighter on low power just for safety reasons.
Some high-end torch lighters are equipped with memory modes that allow users to return the light beam to the same intensity even after they have used it for a long period of time.
Types of Fuel Used in Torch Lighters
There are basically two types of fuel that is used for torch lighters, namely:
- and propane.
However, recently there has been a shift in power sources; this is because gas torches have been replaced by electric torches.
Propane torch lighters can withstand higher temperatures compared to butane torches because they use propane, a highly flammable liquid which expands significantly when it is heated up. This is the reason why these torches are popular for industries that deal with metalwork and welding.
Butane torch lighters are more commonly used in commercial establishments because they emit a more consistent flame.
Torch Lighter Accessories
Torch lighters are not just a tool; they are capable of doing many things, including but not limited to, lighting cigarette and cigar smokes and cigarettes.
One handy accessory that can be purchased for torches is an extension tube which will allow you to reach your lighter on the far edge of the table or on the other side of the desk, etc.
Their pros and cons
Like any other tool or product, torch lighters also have their own set of pros and cons.
- A torch lighter is a perfect companion for outdoor activities like camping and hiking. Its beams can be focused to a very narrow light, which will allow you to easily search for things in the wilderness.
- It is also great at lighting fireplaces, barbecue grills, etc. But one drawback of using this kind of lighter is that it emits fumes when it gets hot; hence you have to be careful not to burn yourself when you use it.
Zippo lighters have been the go-to choice for smokers for over 80 years. The reason is because of the company's excellent customer service. If you ever have an issue with your Zippo lighter, simply call the company and they will send you a new part or a kit to fix your lighter and get it working in no time.
There are a number of different designs that Zippo offers, but they all operate on the same basic principle – stored energy.
- Inside of a Zippo lighter is an outer casing and an inner casing that contains flammable butane gas which can be released outside of the lighter when needed to ignite items like cigars and cigarettes.
- When you light a Zippo lighter, the gas in the inner casing automatically ignites and disperses to the outer casing, so that the outside casing gets hot enough to ignite any combustible material.
The key thing about Zippo lighters is that they can be operated using one hand.
- The large circular button on top of the lighter becomes very important as it acts as a trigger that allows you to light your item without having to constantly hold down another button or push a button repeatedly.
- This makes lighting up much easier than when using other models of lighters.
Zippo lighters do not come with any safety features.
- There is no way to extinguish the flame once you have lit it.
- However, if the flame has gone out, you can just lift up the button at the top of the lighter and press it against a flat surface to re-ignite your lighter.
Zippo lighters are also very durable because they are made from stainless steel which makes them rust resistant. Whether you purchase a Zippo lighter for yourself or as a gift for someone else, be sure that they will only get their money's worth from this product.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Zippo Lighters
Zippo Lighters provide you with a high level of convenience when lighting your cigars, cigarettes or any other kind of combustible material.
- Its traditional design is similar to that of a cigarette lighter, and it is very easy to use. Its straightforward design means that you will not have trouble operating the Zippo lighter.
- There is no need for you to hold down a button or press it repeatedly until the flame ignites; just wind it up and its high-quality spring mechanism will automatically ignite its fluid fuel, so that all you need to do is light your item using the wide circular top button which serves as your trigger.
- Once you have lit your item, just let go of the trigger button and the flame will be automatically extinguished.
This is also a very durable product.
- It is made from quality materials like stainless steel and brass that are designed to ensure that your lighter will not break down soon after purchase.
- This kind of lighter can last a lifetime as long as it is properly maintained.
Another advantage is its affordable price point.
- A Zippo lighter can be bought for around $30, so it is relatively much cheaper than some other high-end lighters on the market today.
The Hippie Double Jet Flame Torch Lighter
This Windproof Lighter has 2 burners so it uses less fuel to produce a strong, double jet flame. Even in windy conditions, it produces an effective, hot flame. It has an ergonomic design that is lightweight, compact and sleek.
The Hippie Double Jet Flame lighter is great for on-the-go use. It features an easy butane adjustment. It has a manual open safety cap that is attached, in addition to a large butane adjustment knob to adjust the flame. Another great thing is that the butane gas is also refillable.